What are cookies? A cookie is a file which is downloaded in your computer when you connect to some Internet pages.
User: An user is an addressee, a real person who accesses to service provided by a editor. This person can be a registered user or not registered user. Moreover the legislation uses this concept, because it is the most common.
Cookies allow store and recover some information about users’ browser habits. Depending on what type of information do users search and in what way do they use their computer services, cookies can recognise them.
Types of cookies
Depending on Cookie’s owner:
1. Own Cookies: These cookies can send to the terminal equipment of the user from an equipment or domain managed by the own publisher and from the one that gives himself the service requested by the user.
2. Third-party cookies: These cookies can send to the terminal equipment of the user from an equipment or domain that do not managed by the own publisher. These cookies will be managed by another entity. These entities are able to manage information that is got by the cookies.
Dependind on the during of the cookie:
1. Session cookie: These kind of cookie obtain and store some information as long as users access in a web page.
2. Persistent cookie: These kind of cookie obtain and store some information during a long period of time. This information can be used by the web page owner.
Depending on the aim of the cookie:
1. Analysis Cookies: These cookies allow companies to measure what is the number of users on their pages. In this way companies can make a statistical analysis about what are users doing on their page. With this method, companies can improve their services.
2. Advertising cookies: These cookies allow to manage easier those advertising spaces that publisher added on it.
3. Behavioral advertising Cookies: These cookies allow to manage advertising spaces that editor added on a web page, application or platform which give users a service.
These cookies store some information about users behaviour on the Internet pages. With these studies allow to design a specific profile to show some advertising in the future.
Moreover if users visit some page web or they open an e-mail where there is an advertsing or special disccount, our browser will install some cookies. These cookies wiil be able to show us some advertising related with research that people have realized.
4. Skills cookies: These cookies allow users to browse through some web page, platform or application. Moreover with these ones users can use several services like control the traffic, identify sitting, make a order, make an entry or use some safety elements during the search.
5. Customization cookies: These cookies allow users to access to the service with some general features like language or kind of browser through people can join there.
Share on Social Networks
Mediterráneo Media web pages have got some share options so that our users can share contents though their social networks like Facebook or Twitter. These ones can have got some cookies. Mediterráneo Media have not got any control about setting cookies in these web pages. If people want to get information about social networks cookies, they have to connect to them. Also if they do it, they can learn about their management.
Cancel and delete of cookies
People can admit, lock or delete cookies which are installed in their computers. They can do this though computer settings.
If people want to get more information, they can visit these websites:
- Internet Explorer: Tools → Internet options → Privacity → Settings. If people want to get more information, they can consult Microsoft support or browser help.
- Firefox → Tools → Options → Privacity → History → Custom settings. If people want to get more information, they can consult Mozilla support or browser help.
- Chrome → Settings → Show more advanced options → Privacity → Settings of content. If people want to get more information, they can consult Google support or browser help.
- Safari: Preferences → Segurity. If people want to get more information, they can consult Apple support or browser help.